Official Contest Rules for Capps Broadcast Group Stations
Official Contest Rules For: 103.5 KWHT FM, 107.7 KWVN FM, 92.1 KUMA FM, 1490 KTEL AM, 1240 KTIX AM, and 1290 KUMA AM
Walla Walla, WA Office Contact: Jed Maynes, Operations Manager, 509-522-1383
Pendleton, OR Office Contact: Julie Thompson, General Manager, 541-276-1511
- Eligibility. 103.5 KWHT FM, 107.7 KWVN FM, 92.1 KUMA FM, 1490 KTEL AM, 1240 KTIX AM, or 1290 KUMA AM (Contest Sponsor/the “Station”) Contests are governed generally by these rules unless other specific rules are made available for separate contests. Sponsor may change the dates and/or the terms of the Contest without prior notice. General Contest rules are broadcast over the air. Any material changes will be posted on the Station page at http://www.mycolumbiabasin.com/ (the “Site or My Columbia Basin”). The Contest is open to all legal Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana State residents (“Contestant”), of eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry residing within the State of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. Some contests may require the contestant to be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Contestants may only win one prize per person every sixty (60) days with 103.5 KWHT FM, 107.7 KWVN FM, 92.1 KUMA FM, 1490 KTEL AM, 1240 KTIX AM, or 1290 KUMA AM unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond sixty (60) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Winners may only win once per 60-day period between contests, not between winnings. For example, if a winner is selected for a contest, and the contest runs multiple days, the 60-day period begins at the end of the contest until the beginning of the next contest. Winners may also not win in consecutive contests, regardless of the time period between contests.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant’s chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsors”), as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, are ineligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of contest or prize winners. The phrase “members of the same household” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as in-laws or by current or past marriages, remarriages, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household, whether or not related.
- Members may be required to complete a specific on-line entry blank for particular contests.
- Other means of entry as described on-line or on-air.
For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited, shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main radio station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage. If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Station and will not be returned.
- Selection of Winner. The winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. The odds of winning are contingent upon the number of eligible entries received during the entry period. Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact the winner from the contact information provided on the entry form or contact information provided by Contestant. If the Contest Sponsor is unable to contact a winner by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor may discard the entry and select an alternate entry. The name of the winner will be announced on MyColumbiaBasin.com and any other alternate means at the discretion of the Station.
- Prizes. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner (see “Taxes”). Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize or component of comparable value should the original prize or component be unavailable, regardless of reason. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of the Station/Judges are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor prior to being awarded Prizes. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to complete and sign a W-9 form as well as a release form when applicable. In addition to signing a Winner’s Release form relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize. Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management. Prizes awarded by the Station must be picked up at 13 ½ E Main Street, Suite 202, Walla Walla, WA, 99362 or 2003 NW 56th Drive, Pendleton, OR 97801, depending on contest rules, during the business hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, not including holidays.
- Conditions/Restrictions. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor(s), the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest.
- Taxes. The winner will receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Contest Sponsor and will be responsible to pay all taxes associated with the winnings. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600.00 or more.
- Representations and Warranties. By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted a viable e-mail address; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant’s entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
- Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site online at www.mycolumbiabasin.com, or at one of our Station locations, at 13 ½ E Main Street, Suite 202, Walla Walla, WA, 99362 or 2003 NW 56th Drive, Pendleton, OR 97801 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, not including holidays, or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted at www.mycolumbiabasin.com. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
- Facebook or its entities have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in Station’s Contests or any prize awarded. Station’s Contests are in no way sponsored by, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.