Web Analytics

Motorhome fire off Hwy 30 ignites twice, no injuries

Fire destroys motorhome. MYCB photo.

PENDLETON, Oregon — A motor home owned by a Portland couple caught on fire not once, but twice on Wednesday in a parking lot next to The Saddle in Pendleton off Highway 30. The owners tried first to put the fire out themselves, but eventually called 911. The original fire started in the engine compartment, and when firefighters returned later, a second fire was noticed.

“The fire spread into the membrane of the roof of the motorhome, so it was deep seated in there,” Interim Assistant Chief Greg Lacquement tells us. “We had to end up pulling all the ceiling down out of the motorhome and then removing the top to even gain access.

The couple and their dog were not injured in the fire, but the motorhome was a total loss. Crews also contained a small grass fire set off by the original blaze.

The fire caused intermittent closures of Hwy 30.



Sorry, comments are closed for this post.